About the Company
PJSC RusHydro’s brief history
PJSC RusHydro was established on 26 December 2004, in line with the government programme to reform the electric power industry as per RF Government Resolution No. 1254-r of 1 September 2003.
In 2008, the company united more than 50 HPPs in 18 regions of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. In the same year, the company listed its shares on the Russian stock market, and launched a programme of depositary receipts, with the Bank of New York Mellon acting as the depositary bank.
In 2011, the Russian Federation contributed a controlling stake in JSC RAO ES East to the authorised capital of PJSC RusHydro, and the installed capacity of RusHydro Group increased from 26.1 to 35.2 GW.
RusHydro Group’s companies are systemic organisations and key government institutions for development of the electric power industry in the country. In accordance with Presidential Decree No. 1009 of 4 August 2004, since 2012, PJSC RusHydro has been included in the list of strategic enterprises and strategic joint-stock companies.
The Company has been in operation for 13 years.
RusHydro Group’s operations are characterised by a wide geography: from St. Petersburg to the Primorye Territory, from the Chukotka Autonomous Area to the Republic of Dagestan. The Group has international presence, managing the Sevan–Hrazdan Cascade HPPs in Armenia. [102-4]
The company is registered in Krasnoyarsk, while its headquarters are located in Moscow. [102-3]
RusHydro Group operates within the framework of the Unified Energy System (UES) of Russia. The installed capacity of the Group's assets is 39.04 GW.The indicator includes the electric capacity of the RAO ES East as well as the Boguchanskaya HPP, built and operated jointly with the United Company (UC RUSAL).
Currently, the Group embraces over 400 power facilities, including more than 90 renewable energy businesses (Russia’s largest P. S. Neporozhniy Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP, with a capacity of 6,721 MW together with Mainsky Hydropower Complex). RusHydro also includes nine Volga-Kama Cascade HPPs with a total installed capacity of more than 10,000 MW, Zeyskaya HPP (1,330 MW), Bureyskaya HPP (2,010 MW), Novosibirsk HPP (475 MW), and several dozens of power plants in the North Caucasus. RusHydro Group manages geothermal stations in Kamchatka and the highly maneuverable capacities of pumped storage hydropower plants (PSPs).
An important asset of the Group is RAO ES East Subgroup – the power system of the Far Eastern Federal District. The installed electric capacity of RAO ES East Subgroup is 9,148 MW, while the installed thermal capacity is 18,497.1 Gсal/h.
RusHydro Group also includes IEC (MEK), which owns the Sevan-Hrazdan Cascade HPPs in the Republic of Armenia (seven plants with a total installed capacity of 561 MW).