As of 01.01.2017, the installed capacity of RusHydro Group was 38,868.1 MW. During 2017, the total installed capacity increased by 170.37 MW and on 31.12.2017 it was 39,038.47 MW.
The growth of installed capacity at the facilities of RusHydro group occurred due to:
- Launch of the 1st stage of the 193 MW Yakutskaya GRES-2;
- Rerating of equipment at Zhigulevskaya HPP (+21.0,MW), Volzhskaya HPP (+10.5 MW), Saratoskaya HPP (+6.0 MW), and Novosibirskaya HPP (+5.0 MW).
The decrease in capacity in the reporting year is due to reduced capacity at the plants of RAO ES East Subgroup: JSC Chukotenergo (-20.9 MW) and PJSC Kamchatskenergo (-25 MW).
Production of RusHydro Group, including Boguchanskaya HPP, reached a historical record – 140,285.6 mn kWh, which is 1.06% higher than the production in 2016.
The main factors affecting RusHydro Group's production in 2017 were:
- Inflow into the main reservoirs of Volga-Kama Cascade was significantly higher than the values for many years;
- The autumn of 2017 saw commissioning of Yakutskaya GRES-2 in and gradual increase in capacity of the 2nd stage of Blagoveschenskaya CHPP, commissioned in 2016;
- Reduction of inflow to НРРs in the south of Russia, Siberia and the Far East regarding high water inflows of 2016 to the levels corresponding to long-run average.
Energy sales of companies of RusHydro Group - JSC ESC, PJSC Krasnoyarskenergosbyt, JSC Chuvash Power Sales Company and PJSC RESC - for 2017 amounted to 20,707 million kWh, which was 6 % less than the value for the same period in 2016. The decrease is due to the emergence of a number of large consumers at the Wholesale Electricity Capacity Market, primarily in the service area of PJSC Krasnoyarskenergosbyt, higher outdoor temperatures, and a number of other factors.