Occupational Safety and Health
Safety management system in the workplace
The fundamental document defining the principles of workplace safety in PJSC RusHydro is the Occupational Safety Policy.
The objectives of RusHydro Group in the field of labor protection and industrial safety:
- preservation of the life and health of the Company's employees in the process of labor activity,
- elimination of cases of occupational injuries and occupational diseases,
- formation of safe behavior at work in the workplace and skills to prevent dangerous situations,
- continuous improvement of working conditions.
Occupational injuries, occupational diseases
Occupational injuries [403-2]
In 2017, there were 33 accidents in RusHydro Group (there were 0 cases in PJSC RusHydro, 12 cases in PJSC RusHydro’s controlled companies (except for RAO ES East Subgroup), RAO ES East Subgroup - 21 cases), the number of victims was 34 people (PJSC RusHydro - 0 people, PJSC RusHydro’s controlled companies (except for the RAO ES East Subgroup) - 13 people, RAO ES East Subgroup - 21 people), including 4 - with fatal outcome. Compared with 2016, the number of accidents decreased by seven.
|Index||PJSC RusHydro||RAO ES East Subgroup|
|Number of injured personnel||1||0||27||21|
|including fatally injured||0||0||3||3|
|Injury Rate Ratio||0.19||0.00||0.54||0.43|
Health and safety issues are reflected in the Action Plans on the improvement of working conditions and recovery and the Collective Agreement of RusHydro Group’s companies. [403-4]
In order to prevent cases of occupational disease, the following works were carried out:
- providing staff with effective means of personal hearing and breathing protection;
- reimbursement of expenses for additional medical examination;
- health resort treatment and sports;
- purchase of first-aid kits and medicines to update the medicinal kits;
- conducting classes on the prevention of infectious diseases;
- preventive vaccination of personnel;
- provision of drinking and vitamin regimes to personnel;
- providing workers with washing and detoxifying substances;
- provision of milk or equivalent products to employees working in hazardous working conditions. [103-2], [103-3]
Costs of occupational health and safety
Labor protection is the most important condition for preserving the health and life of workers in the course of their labor activity. Expenses for the protection of workers of RusHydro Group in 2017 amounted to 2.1 billion rubles.
Activities in the field of occupational health and safety
The requirements for work with personnel in the organisations of the electrical power industry are established in the Rules approved by Decree No. 49 of the Ministry of Energy of Russia of February 19, 2000.
In 2017, the following activities were carried out with workers in the field of labor protection:
- training of workers in giving first aid to victims;
- training of employees for a new post with internship and training at the workplace;
- verification of knowledge of workers' labor protection rules, rules of technical operation, fire safety rules, industrial safety rules;
- anti-damage and fire-fighting and training;
- all types of safety briefings for own personnel and contractor personnel;
- special training and professional development of employees;
- rounds and inspections of the personnel workplaces in order to identify violations and deviations from the requirements of existing rules, norms, instructions, standards;
- conducting competitions for professional skills among staff;
- organisation of visual prompts;
- conducting days of labor protection.
In RusHydro Group, the number of employees of contractors and subcontractors that was trained in the field of labor protection is not taken into account, in addition to the breifings conducted for contractors - introductory and primary in the workplace.
Plans for the improvement of occupational health and safety in 2018
- Development of a draft Policy for RusHydro Group undertaking a risk-oriented approach;
- involvement of employees in improvement of occupational health and safety;
- maintenance of the qualifications of employees at a high professional level, cooperation and information exchange between specialists in the field of labor protection and workers, development and implementation of effective measures to identify, eliminate or limit hazards and risks that contribute to the preservation of life and health throughout the whole work period.